OT: Are hair clippers the new toilet rolls?

What, your clippers work just as well on batteries as they do mains at the moment?

So, how have you tested the batteries to think it could be that? Or are you saying you haven't because they act the same if plugged into the mains or just on battery (and I believe you are).

Well, you implied they could be run from mains but didn't say they weren't working ok on mains?

Quite, so you can still use them on mains, or are you saying the 'cut out' on either power source?

Ok (not on any I have and why I took your initial mention of 'they can be run on mains too' to suggest they were still working on mains). ;-)

However, is it possible that whilst they may 'work on mains too', they need to battery to be 'fit' and are you sure yours actually are? By that I mean they may indicate a reasonable off-load terminal voltage but don't have any real capacity. Once the startup load suppressed the terminal voltage, the BMS cuts the output (which may be the same be it on mains or battery)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I have one that produces a pulse waveform on the screen

Reply to
alan_m

Defo get a cordless one with an adjustable length comb.

The problem with having 101 different combs is that every time you want to use the clippers you have to unpack the combs from their box and carefully pack them up again afterwards. If you cut you hair once or twice a fortnight this is a pain. With a single adjustable length comb the whole thing is small enough to leave in the bathroom cabinet.

Reply to
Pancho

Are you related to Turnip? They work the same on either mains or battery. Run for a few seconds then stop.

Phew. You seem to have got it.

How many times? Yes. If they worked OK on mains but not batteries, most would simply assume the battery was toast.

No. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes - it worked just fine for years when I kept my hair short. I now prefer it a bit longer, which need a pro hairdresser. And being an OAP, get it cheap. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Argos has "Limited Stock" by all of them. There's also "Click and Collect" but the standalone stores are shut - instead of 5 min. walk to a store that is almost deserted most of the time I'd have to walk for about 50 min. to a busy supermarket!

Reply to
PeterC

can you still pick up stuff ordered from ebay at argos in sainsbury ? ....click and collect

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...
<snip>

That's probably only a problem if you are anally retentive (ok, some people call it 'tidy'). ;-)

The one comb I use (No 1) is left loose in the general carrier and the other 5, remain unused in the carry case pocket. ;-)

There are 5 lengths that can be selected on a thumb slider thing that probably give you grades between the combs but again, I only ever use it on the closest cut.

It's hair, it grows. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I don't know. As I'm not going out so much I have it all delivered except for Screwfix where the place isn't open to go in but has a table in the doorway for C&C only.

Reply to
PeterC

Its actually the battery being royally stuffed producing that result.

Mine, a different brand, did work fine initially. Then eventually didn?t hold enough charge to do one haircut worked fine on the mains for a long time more. But eventually wouldn?t work for more than a few seconds even on the mains. Definitely due to the battery eventually being completely stuffed.

Reply to
Joshua Snow

I reckon that they'd only be good for removing clingons. YMMV, but make sure you wash 'em afterwards.

Reply to
Richard

that hardly the fault of Argos, is it?

tim

Reply to
tim...

I did yes

It is now available for collection which it wasn't before

Reply to
tim...

Ah, OK. 'Limited Stock' means 'in stock' here, and delivery is offered as an option for me. So it seems to vary.

OT, I just ventured out to my local Sainsbury's 7-11 for the first time since this all started. Very relaxed, only 2 people in the shop at any one time, staff behind screens, fully stocked so far as I could see.

Within the realms of reasonable probability, and taking hand washing etc precautions, I'd have thought it was a very low risk way of shopping.

Reply to
RJH