Oh sh1t!

Laying floor insulation and decided the plasterer had gone too low at the door opening.

Angle bead, hardwall and skim.

Multitool to hand with half moon cutter. What could be easier?

I now have 18" of an angle bead run, slightly lifted from its bed! (apostrophe issue for the pedants:-)

Cure? I had considered squirting in some PVA woodworking adhesive but I have an idea that corrodes galvanised steel.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I suggest there is no apostrophe issue.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Don't see why it should.

Reply to
newshound

On occasions I have plugged the glue dispenser with a handy nail.

Next use, probably some weeks later, the nail has rusted and the surrounding glue discoloured.

I can do a test with an offcut. Just picking brains to save time:-)

BC did not throw a wobbly at me re-cycling some of the original 25mm Jablite under the 100mm PIR foam floor insulation!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Reply to
Andy Burns

No it does not as far as i know provided the galvanisation is not damaged of course. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Exactly so!

I don't reuse nails (of course), but they do all get jumbled together in a box. I suppose that might harm the galvanising. I suppose that 'bright steel' nails are galvanised?

On the whole, though, I expect that PVA rusts steel, even galvanised steel.

Reply to
GB