NuTool

Hi all. I'm thinking of buying a NuTool router. Would anyone have an idea if NuTool of Doncaster is still going? Their website is down and their telephone rings without answering. Brad

Reply to
Dave

Last time I spoke to someone there (maybe 18 months ago, when I was looking for a guide bush for a NuTool-supplied Wickes router), I was told that they'd stopped selling under their own name and only imported/badged own-label products for other sellers.

Perhaps any NuTool stuff is clearance stock working its way through the system without any spares/support.

Reply to
mike

Was there ever much in the way of support for NuTool? There rarely is with these 'budget' brands.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, limited spares and accessories I think. And they were listed as the Wickes service agents for tools they supplied, whatever that amounted to in reality. So, yeah, your scepticism is probably correct!

Reply to
mike

I had a Nutool pillar drill - from when NuTool was the B&Q brand. The safety screen broke off quite early on, and they couldn't supply a spare. Not that I really expected them to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you do, make sure you handle it before you buy. Some I have seen have so much slop in the plunge mechanism as to be useless. (i.e. try rocking the router body on the legs. There should be *no* movement possible in any axis or direction other than straight up and down the plunge axis)

Reply to
John Rumm

A word of advice - Don't!

Reply to
82045

+1
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've had pretty good experience of their tools, as long as I bought them knowing that they were cheap and limited. Sometimes that is not such a false economy.

I haven't bought any for a couple of years, but remember that they used to offer a 2 year guarantee on most things. Not worth a jot now, of course, but it was useful in the past. I took a SDS pneumatic/ hammer drill back to the retailer after about 19 months of total abuse and they refunded it without question, saying that NuTool were good at exchanging in the warranty period. I'm not sure if they were or if it was just the retailer being generous. Either way, they refunded the full original price, which I then immediately used to buy the latest NuTool equivalent SDS drill. To make it even more sweet, the new model cost =A315 less than I originally paid. Result!

Reply to
Kalico

Agreed. I needed a dirty water pump. I was prepared to waste £30 for a one off use but the pump is still going.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I has no real complaints about the pillar drill I bought - it gave good service. But I reckon these days Lidl own brand are the tops for budget power tools. That Nutool drill was replaced by a Lidl one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

replying to Dave Plowman (News), Phil wrote: Blorenge, its a mountain. Rhymes with orange. Google it

Reply to
Phil

If a porringer is a porridge maker, what's a porringe?

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'm sure that makes perfect sense to one so stupid as to reply to a post yonks old without quoting it.

To others, it will remain forever a mystery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes well I was bemused beyond the state where my bemusement could stand. However the real culprit here is that bleedin stupid web portal to Usenet. Designed by somebody who simply does not understand what Usenet is. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

message -> messenger passage -> passenger porridge -> porringer

(At least Chamber's Dictionary thinks there's a connection - "inserted nouns.")

Reply to
Max Demian