"Nuclear" weedkiller for drive ?

Excellent tips, thank you.

Reply to
gogmagog

In message , Percy writes

You *were* sophisticated. We filled drinking straws with the mixture, lit it and ran.

Indeed :-(

Reply to
News

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, "News" writ:

I suppose we were. Jetex fuse was the alternative. We used to unsolder the end of a glass cartridge fuse, fill it with the mixture and re-solder the end cap with bell wire attached. A small motorcycle battery was all that was needed to set it off.

The mixture was either sugar/sodium chlorate or, when we could get it, aluminium powder/sodium chlorate.

Reply to
Percy

Hmm I used to make electrical detonators from bangers. Take cycle brake cable and cut a six inch length. Unwind a single steel wire from the cable and straighten by gripping each end if the wire with pliers and pulling until it work hardens. It is now straight and ideal for poking right through a banger from touch paper and out through the base. Tape bell wire to each end, connect across car battery for a bang. Use as the detonator for your own ANFO or chlorite devices. Allegedly.

Reply to
Steve Firth