Noisy radiator

The grey plastic collar screws upwards to release the trv, and downwards to fasten the trv to the pipe/valvge??

Reply to
Bob H

No. The collar I'm referring to is visible once you have removed the sensor in

Details here (1.1M pdf):

or

Thanks to F for the heads-up, new to me.

Reply to
fred

fred wrote in news:CSrAY+ snipped-for-privacy@y.z:

Very interesting - how does this feature work?

I have some vavlves that should work reversed - but they vibrate. Not sure whether to turn them around to reverse the flow or swop them around with the lockshield - or replace them.

A bit reluctant as I saw the plumber fitting them and he was heavy handed.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I used the instructions from that guide when I originally fitted the TRV, and was just going to post the link.

The only thing I didn't nor couldn't do was to remove the protective cap, as I don't have the required tool to do that job , as well as it being recessed into the body

Reply to
Bob H

I can get the TRV off the fitting, but like you I am a bit reluctant to start prying and pulling things when I don't know what I am doing.

Reply to
Bob H

Ah! That's much clearer than the link I found.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'protective cap'. Do you mean the sensor body: as at

Other than for fitting the TRV's metal body to the radiator and to the pipework, there's no need for any tools (I've never used a tool for step

5 on the second page. Finger tight has always been more than good enough).

No, no, on the top of the whole TRV/body, as on page 2 there is a boxed diagram showing how to remove the protective cap. It says this in the box: Lockshield valve (type RLV-D) is only in

-cluded in codes: 013G6005, 013G6006, 013G6007

Then this below the diagram: Removal of protective cap

Then if you look at , in my case, the top of the whole thing, there is a , what looks like a fluted top or cap.

It's a bit clearer on point 6 of the instructions.

Reply to
Bob H

That's on the lockshield valve at the other end of the radiator. Nothing to do with the TRV. Used with care, a mole wrench or pair of large pliers will loosen the cap but then you'll need an allen key to adjust the flow.

Point 6 is about the sensor head on the TRV that you turn to set the room temperature you want once it's all installed.

"One way" TRVs normally have an arrow on the body casting. It will probably be round the back, of course.

Reply to
newshound

No , sorry if I'm not too clear as I don't know what the part names are.

I meant the very end of the TRV in point 6. It's like a cap or top, and just to the right of the 'up' arrow.

Reply to
Bob H

With My TRVs, the protective cap was only fitted during installation, an could be left fitted instead of the proper head if you still had other trades bashing around the place, an didn't want then to get bashed, the protective cap simply held the actual valve closed.

Reply to
Andy Burns

And for a future in which you wish to take radiators off for decorating

- and not find the water gushing out of the TRV.

Reply to
polygonum

Interestingly, those Danfosses now have a '0' setting below the frost setting which they say should guarantee an off state. More easily knocked however so I can see those who would still prefer a cap.

Reply to
fred