NiMh battery in a cordless phone that has NiCad as standard ?

The NiCds (600-maH) have died in a cordless phone. Can anyone think of any problems replacing with NiMhs. I just happen to have some NiMhs and no NiCds.

The phone is a BT Synergy something.

TIA,

Jon C.

Reply to
jg.campbell.ng

I replaced the batteries in my BT Synergy 2110 with NiMh and have had no problems, last a lot longer than the old ones! Gordon

Reply to
gordonpuk

I replaced the batteries in my BT Synergy 2110 with NiMh and have had no problems, last a lot longer than the old ones! Gordon

Reply to
gordonpuk

fast charging NiMh that may be an issue if NOT trickle charging...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thank you, everyone. The NiMhs are now in the handset.

BTW, is it just me, but is there not a real information deficit and the charging requirements of rechargables? Most batteries (and their packaging) give no information on charging; difficult, I suppose, if there are a rangle of charger types.

I have one charger that gives minimal suggestions on charging times; but another -- nothing.

Best regards,

Jon C.

Reply to
jg.campbell.ng

A half decent charger should cut out after the battery is charged or go to a maintenance charge - but don't expect this with a cheap power tool. There are types available which will cope with different numbers of cells and both Ni-Cad and NiMH. Mascot is one make. This might also help.

Dave Plowman (News)

The electric model fraternity is deluged with charging information.

Try googling 'reds battery clinic'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher