NICEIC periodic testing

Just had my workshop wiring tested prior to EDF giving me a three phase feed - chap was there a full 4 hours pulling things apart and measuring, he was very thorough - passed everything (only had to bond the oil pipe as boiler fellow hadn't) So far so good, but when the certificate came a few things are blatently wrong. Wiring is described as pvc in metal trunking whereas it is all pvc in plastic tunking. The commando socket radials are described as 32a not the 16a that they actually are, and twelve are supposedly there rather than the three that exist. Of the three ring mains, all of which are wired in 2.5mm conduit wiring including the CPC, two are described as having 1.5mm CPCs.

Should I worry - I have the bit of paper needed for the connection but it ain't right!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If it isn't right then an on the ball EDF man could well refuse your connection. Have you challenged the inspection company as to why they have misdescribed the installation? You don't make it clear if the supply is actually connected but even if it is the next inspection is going to pull the previous report apart. Sorry to say NICEIC appear to be getting a reputation similar to CORGI through just this sort of behaviour by their members

Reply to
cynic

Ask for a new certificate. Explain to the company that did the PIR that there are mistakes on your certificate and you would like them correcting.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth