New kitchen ring main

In the midst of putting in new sockets in the kitchen...

(not to scale, but cable routes are planned physical layout)

I think the only query is if the loop up to the FCU for the cooker hood is ok going up the wall behind the cooker (I guess the wall shouldnt really get hot enough to affect the cable rating?). I suppose the FCU could be moved either side of the cooker, in line with one of the other sockets (ie in their vertical, non-protected wiring zone). Any comments?

cheers

Dave.

I did wonder that, but I have a 100m drum of cable here and I would only be saving a couple of metres at most.

save cable. the fcu should be a spur

Reply to
db

Forget saving cable, worry about saving swearing away when trying to fit 3 cables into a single gang back box in a small space above a cooker hood!

Are you able to fit the FCU directly above one of the sockets? You will - save cable, maintain only horizontal/vertical runs between outlets.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Of course you can have the FCU as a spur but I recently did something similar to you and had no problem getting the cables into the back of the FCU.

Reply to
rrh

In message , rrh writes

Ditto, I've got a couple of FCU's on a ring with no great problem . Though I'd probably do this as a spur (indeed I did in my kitchen)

Reply to
chris French