New boundary fence

Well, didn't you maintain at least your side of the hedge? That takes more doing than a fence.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Probably best to keep quiet and enjoy the extra space!

If they are not on your land then they are not your responsibility unless there is some documented proof that says otherwise. Why not put you own fence up just inside theirs and have the "good" side towards you?

Reply to
Peter Crosland

The owner of the boundary line decides what fence, what colour, what style, whatnot. There is no law or requirement that the 'good' side faces any particular direction but obviously the fence must not encroach on someonelse's property - it'd be trespass. Of course any and all of these stipulations may be altered by agreement; if they are, get them in writing and I would seriously urge you to employ a lawyer to write it up - I speak from bitter experience.

Reply to
Philip Wagstaff