Multipoint as CH boiler & kettling

snip idiotic tomfoolery by Mr Cranium

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

[snip dangerous advice from our resident looney who isn't qualified to give advice on the subject]
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Of course you were, now get to bed you have a long day ahead tomorrow selling copper tanks. And no nipping off to the bogs for a crafty leaflet read.

Reply to
Matt

Some mothers....

drivel snipped

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

... a few weeks on and I had a gas fire to disconnect at source. So, I invited my local Corgi heating engineer and, job done, directed him towards the multipoint (which he's serviced for donkeys years) for his opinions about connecting to the thermal store.

I felt his basic attitude was more positive than I expected, it was a Friday afternoon so perhaps he was in a good mood!. After enthusiastically musing on options like using a pipe stat (not even suggested by me) for overheat protection he basically suggested trying out for a few months, fiddling with the stats to keep it below kettling point. Then call him back for them to reassess in the winter months. He felt it would work to some extent, and didn't feel it would be a hazard.

However, when push came to shove on the crucual question of would he sign as safe (for renting or selling the property), the answer was predictably as good as no - would need to contact Baxi for usage approval (not a chance!) and all the rest of it.

So as long as it's just me living in this place, his advice was give it a whirl and try to get my money's worth out of the boiler. But don't bother if selling up or renting in relatively near furure. As my crystal ball isn't working too well I might be heading for an expensive new boiler anyway but at least I now have a choice - there being someone to happily service the multipoint if it stays connected.

Egremont.

Reply to
Egremont

I wonder if he would have taken the same line if the local CORGI inspector had been there?

Reply to
Ed Sirett