Mould... again!

maybe the wardrobe back is more nutritious to mould.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I rather wonder if damp clothes have been hung. The door is fairly close fitting so the air can't circulate. There is grey powdery mould on the wall side of the hardboard and discolouration on the white finished inside.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

As Tim has said - damp clothes put in wardrobe. It may also be that a previous occupant has had a similar problem and used mould resistant paint on the wall.

Reply to
Peter Parry

The thing that puzzles me, is that the exterior wall would normally be colder and attract any condensing water vapour. I presume the wall is truly dry?

I'm left wondering if this is more down to the hardboard absorbing moisture without being "wet" yet to a sufficient level to allow mould growth.

The consolation is that any mould treatment would also be absorbed by the hardboard!

Reply to
Fredxxx