Mirror demister in Zone 2

Can I assume that there is no way a mirror demister will be allowed in zone 2 and that I must forever shave in fog?

From what I can tell from the regs, it depends on whether the appliance

could not reasonably be installed elsewhere. However, what is officially considered reasonable? It is a tiny en-suite. The only parts that are Zone 3 are besides and behind the toilet. Can I claim that the mirror can only reasonably be hung above the basin? I'm happy enough with the safety of it. Strangely, there will be a very insulating and firmly attached mirror parked in front of it.

What do people think? Two jags (or his council minions) have the opportunity of a pop at it, so it isn't a case of keeping quiet about it. It must pass building control.

Christian.

Reply to
cmcardle75

appliance

about

If "two jags" raises any complaints ask him if he has paid the Council Tax on his Admiralty Arch flat yet It seems you don't HAVE to obey the laws if you have a good right hook.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If it's behind a sealed mirror, is it actually 'in' the bathroom at all...

Reply to
Mike Harrison

I see no problem here: heating appliances are allowed in Zone 2. It needs to meet IP4x, or have the 'one drip symbol' or otherwise be declared as being suitable for Zone 2 by the manufacturer. Any control switch, FCU, etc. must be in Zone 3 or beyond (or use a pull switch if the ceiling above is in Zone 3).

Reply to
Andy Wade

Yes, and I've just had it confirmed by the manufacturer on their technical line. They seem to think it was OK for Zone 1 as well, provided you needed tools to remove the mirror.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle