Max room size for a Dimplex EVX100 1kw heater

We have just moved into a new flat and it has one of these in the lounge but it always seems cold. Is there a recommended room size for one heater of this size so we can see if the developer has been cutting corners?

Reply to
Mick

One kilowatt is OK in a small bathroom.

Reply to
BigWallop

"Mick" wrote | We have just moved into a new flat and it has one of these | in the lounge but it always seems cold. Is there a recommended | room size for one heater of this size so we can see if the | developer has been cutting corners?

All developers cut corners :-)

Perhaps the developers 'assumed' you will have your own electric feature fire as the primary source of heat in the room and only sized the Dimplex to cover background heating.

1kW may be adequate in a well-insulated room to maintain temperature, but really doesn't have enough oomph to bring a cold room up to heat moderately quickly.

If the flat is all-electric then I'm surprised you don't have night storage heaters and off-peak hot water heating (unless the developer was *really* cutting corners on his install costs).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Mick" wrote

The solid fuel industy often quotes (a quick google found:

example)

that 14 cubic metres requires Ikw to maintain 70F when the outside temperature is freezing.

Quite how they can say this when there is such a wide variety in building materials and methods in construction, but it can be found in a lot of sales literature.

Barley Twist (Please put out the cats to reply direct)

Reply to
Barley Twist

Exactly. There can be easily a 5:1 difference in heat loss between two rooms of identical volume depending on the construction.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall