Maths help please

Can someone transpose the following formula for me so that I can find b when I know the values of a and c - thanks

(a-b) x 100 = c ___

another way of presenting that would be [(a/b)-1] x 100 (I think)

CHeers

xav

p.s. If anyone's interested we're trying to work out the moisture content when we know the original weight and the percentage mc :)

Reply to
xavier

b = a / ( 1 + c/100 )

or

b = 100 x a / (c + 100)

G.

Reply to
Gerd Busker

In article , xavier writes

Start by multiplying both sides by b, which gives:

(a-b) x 100 = bc

100a - 100b = bc 100a = bc + 100b 100a = b(c + 100) and finally 100a b = _______ c + 100

HTH

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Thank you both. I am, as usual, astounding that anyone can get their heads around such things

Many thanks

Xav

Reply to
xavier

In article , xavier writes

Glad to help.

Just simple algebra really, well before GCE level (when I were nobbut a lad). OTOH, I never could remember all the functions for integral calculus. Fortunately, DIY, PCs and work don't need that stuff, mainly geometry and the occasional trig function.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (xavier) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Oh, there's loads of very round heads here

mike

Reply to
mike ring

That's a very cavalier attitude to take....

Reply to
xavier

In article , xavier writes

Reply to
Peter Twydell

I am, as usual, astounded that they cannot.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I guess one has to do something while waiting for the Aga to warm up again to cook after it has been turned off for overheating the house :o). OTOH I share your astoundment!

Reply to
Bob Mannix