Many thanks to the group - Fugi advice

A couple of weeks ago or so there was a discussion on the group about the Fugi sealant-finishing tool.

Against the day that SWMBO's ensuite shower needed re-sealing, I ordered a Fugi via eBay, which duly arrived.

The resealing exercise was brought forward when SWMBO reported that some of the lowest tiles in the shower, which are a dark yellow, had turned slightly darker in random places, suggesting that water had penetrated past the sealant and was wicking up the tiles behind the glaze.

So, removing as much old sealant as possible, and having applied waterproof grout to the lowest run of tiles, I set about the resealing. Now I have to tell you now that I'm the world's worst sealant-gun operative, and there's not a lot of room in this shower cubicle, so things weren't looking good.

However, I do follow this group and kept in mind what I'd read about applying sealant, so put a good bead of it in approved fashion along the appropriate two edges of the shower.

Then came the exercise with the Fugi, using the 8mm right-angle.

It worked like a charm. The resulting finish is easily a quantum-leap over my usual standards of workmanship.

Consequently, I'm very grateful to the group for the advice that was offered, even if it wasn't acknowledged at the time.

TF

Reply to
Terry Fields

I know popular myth has it that a "quantum-leap" is a large jump (i.e., in this context a major improvement), but in fact it's actually the

*smallest* energy change possible. But who am I to argue with popular myth, eh?
Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

We should be thankful that Neil Armstrong didn't say "That's one small step for man, one quantum leap for mankind." I suppose he probably knew the difference between 'quantum' and 'giant'!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

fact it's actually the

I say! No offence, but *bad* form, Tim, to answer Terry's heartfelt thanks with a pedantic quibble!

We all know what you mean Terry (and most of us would join you in the solecism (put that in your pipe Tim!)).

*Thanks* for the positive report on the Fugi, which encourages me to order one too - something I've been considering since that same discussion.

John

Reply to
Another John

In message

, Another John writes

The video is certainly worth a watch. It's made to look very easy indeed!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Or popular Missus.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

fact it's actually the

Oh...no problem...you just have to think of the quantum, whatever leap it makes is a big one as far as it is concerned ;-)

It was really easy to use, and cleaned up readily afterwards. I'm really pleased with the tool and the result.

TF

Reply to
Terry Fields

OK guys it's a fair cop :-)

I was *bored* today; we glazed the greenhouse yesterday but today it's been pissing down so no tidying up the final bits of bar-capping, final positioning and checking the level and then bolting to the concrete. Still, tomorrow should be better.

Reply to
Tim Streater