Loud door bell needed

Some American churches are rather fond of 'electronic bells'.

"=93The rendition of =91Amazing Grace=92 on bagpipes, as performed by the Royal Scotch [sic] Guards, played through St. Joseph=92s new Technomad Carillon system is incredibly moving. You would think the Royal Scotch Guards were playing this piece of music live in the parking lot. ...=94 The system is programmed for Angelus and Westminster Chimes to signal

3 time daily prayer at 6 am, noon and 6 p.m., not to mention six-bell peals, 15 minutes before each mass, followed by a number of hymns. There are 2 masses each day, during the weekdays and four masses each Saturday, and Sunday. ...I live three and a half miles away, and on a calm night I can hear the bells and music loud and clear. So can every other member of the congregation within that range.=94
Owain

I too have a church within earshot with electronic bells. Probably a more modern system with no wow or flutter, but plenty distortion. It's much used for funerals, so you hear a bell tolling often.

Glad I don't live in a Moslem country with all those even more distorted calls to prayer...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You get used to it. I was in the hotel next to the mosque, and I stopped noticing after a few days.

On the bells - I recall going to a wedding where they had taped bells (It was a while ago!) and the real reason it showed was that when the vicar hit "stop" they did. No last ding from a slow ringer, no fading out, just stop mid peal.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Takes more than that to wake up a greyhound....

Reply to
Newshound