looking for specialized caulk for wet area granite countertop seam

I have a granite countertop that constantly develops problems in the seam behind the faucet where thebacksplash and counter are seamed. Because it is virtually impossible to keep this area always dry, the silicone clear caulk I use to maintain this seam always degrades in a few months softens and peels off. Is there a type of clear caulk that can hold up for this common problem?? Thanks for your help!

Our granite fitter used a two part epoxy filler.
Christian.
Having just had a granite worksurface fitted I asked about this and was told that you need to use a 'low modula' silicone sealer. Sorry I don't know exactly how this differs from normal silicone or where you can get it.
--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /

it.
It is normally called "frame sealant" instead of "multipurpose" or "kitchen/bathroom", which are high modulus.
Christian.

Low modulus - and that's the wrong term anyway. "Modulus" is about the elasticity of it - a low modulus is less stiff and more wobbly. There are some silicones around that are intended for prolonged wet use, and these are the useful ones here. They're often a flexible low mod silicone, so some careless chippies take to calling them by that name. However there are plenty of waterproof high modulus "sanitary" silicones (the replacements for Plumber's Mait) and there are low modulus silicones that don't like water.
To be honest, I'm appalled at someone installing a granite worktop (which I bet wasn't cheap) and then slapping some silicone down the back. Cowboys !
--
Smert' spamionam