Long lasting emergency lights?

seems a pointless move, as for the majority of uses the cost of installation is likely to swamp the unit price

Reply to
tim...

So, who is going to make incandescent 'bulbs' just for emergency lights?

Reply to
charles

I though (pre-LED) they mainly used 12" T5 tubes?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've fitted some with lamps, but even small tubes are going out of production,

Reply to
charles

I had a very old one that used 2 x torch bulbs. Don't remember the rating.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I meant deliberately putting smaller batteries in

And one of the things about these bespoke LED products is that they tend to be sealed for life

which means that in 25 years when the bulbs die, you have to get the electrician in to do a complete re-install

So much better if it had standard fittings and you manually put LED bulbs in there yourself

Reply to
tim...

replacement LEDs with the same fitting are usually available

Reply to
tim...

But they are standard fittings - modern standards

Reply to
charles

Plenty for large fluorescents - I have a few here, but haven't seen any for the small tubes.

Reply to
charles

for illumination, or ... ?

Reply to