laser levels

On 08/03/17 04:02, Bill Wright wrote:

And a liar.
It entirely depends on the weight distribution of the long straight object.

--
“Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of

A lie is an intentionally false statement. Just like what you wrote.
On 08/03/17 08:59, GB wrote:

No, a lie is simply a false statement That's why we say things like 'deliberate lie'
too dark to read.

Most people understand errors and lies, maybe you don't?

We just say UKIP as that's all lies.

I quoted the dictionary definition of the word. It's the common usage.
You made an interesting point about the term deliberate lie. I think that's probably just used for emphasis, rather than because it is possible to lie unintentionally.

It is common usage to say that something is a lie when its just wrong and that’s why the term deliberate lie is also used.

Yes I know, but I didn't think there was any point in describing every variable exactly, using many words bloating this group, when any problems with my suggestion should be obvious to most readers and dealt with appropriately. Also I never end my postings with long oh-so-ironic screeds showing off what a profound thinker I am, like the one I snipped from yours to make it plain what I am replying to. Of course you will now post a castigation of me for not using a 'proper newsreader' which would automatically delete everything below the '-- ' for the reply form, but rest assured I will not be replying to that.
--
Dave W

Bill Wright explained :

The old and perfectly accurate way was to use a water level - nothing more than some narrow bore pipe, either clear or clear pipe at the ends, filled with water. Coloured dye makes it easier to see the water level and ensure there is no trapped air in the pipe.
On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 15:02:18 GMT, Harry Bloomfield

I tried that with my pond, but for reasons I never understood, it didn't work. Either there was an air-lock in the pipe, or it was blocked in some way, but the water-levels at the two ends were obviously different. That's why I got a laser level.
--

Chris

Chris Hogg used his keyboard to write :

The method has been used for millenia, you must have had a bubble in the pipe.
On 07/03/2017 02:14, Bill Wright wrote:

Borrow one?
I have three, although none are actually specifically made for installing ceilings.
If you are not in a rush I will me driving from Doncaster to Dinnington over the weekend so I can drop one off for you to try out if you want - provided you put the kettle on.
--
Adam