Laminate flooring

My next job is to put down some laminate flooring in my grandson's bedroom.

Looking in the stores I am faced with 3 main options for the under lay material:

  1. A foam based product (in B&Q it appears to be a concertina type foam)
  2. A green soft board type of panel (I have used this before and was quite pleased)
  3. Metallic backed foam material.

The existing floor is T&G - in fairly poor condition due to age, being taken up to install c/h and to rewire.

What are your recommendations?

Reply to
John

no 3 is for concrete floors as the metallic back is a damp barrier

Tony

Tony

Reply to
TMC