JST-SM connectors, m/c wire and Farnell

Cheers, Bob. ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Always try WEBFREE - you never know when it might work.

At Farnell, established credit account customers get free shipping/handling on every order, no matter how small. With a history of occasional orders in the £300-400 range, discounts up to 10% on those larger orders are available by phoning your account representative - but you do have to ask, every time.

All that *and* credit until the 20th of the following month, so a Farnell credit account is worth angling for.

Like CPC, Farnell are forever offering discount promotions on odd pretexts like Hallowe'en, end of month or even TGIF, so those too are worth looking out for. However, I don't recall ever seeing them offer a shipping/handing discount because many Farnell customers are already not paying those charges.

BTW, although CPC and Farnell are part of the same group, they operate as separate businesses in different (although overlapping) areas of the market. With CPC now going aggressively after the consumer market, I hope this will encourage Farnell to stick to the professional market and stop the special offers of RC helicopters and cuddly toys.

(One exception to being separate businesses: both websites use the same login server, so you can't register with the same login name at both sites.)

Reply to
Ian White

The CPC ones are daily specials. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , geoff wrote

Anything over £50(ish) is free P&P with CPC. I believe that Farnell are free P&P as long as you place the order via the web (not phone) and you pay by card at the time of ordering.

Reply to
Alan

That's my experience, although I think the threshold is £45 for CPC (or £20 on the wekend WEBFREE stuff).

CPC don't guarantee next-day for that, but it practically always is.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I tried one of the Farnel "10% off on Friday" offers. The magic words were shown on the invoice, but I was charged the full amount. Couldn't be bothered to complain, but I now ignore similar offers they mail out from time to time, and I don't seem to use them very often.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

When I was at Sun Microsystems in the early 2000's, there were quite a few of us into electronics. I setup an internal mailing list for ordering from CPC, and we got to the point where there were a large number of people subscribed and we were placing

2-3 orders a week (this was all personal orders, not company orders).

CPC then setup a special account for us with automatic 10% off catalogue prices (but not the special offer leaflet prices). This was open to all Sun employees. I'm not sure we made a lot of use of it because it wasn't a credit account (and several of us already had our own CPC credit accounts), delivery had to be to Sun's Goods In (which wasn't always convenient), and lots of the things we ordered were from the offer leaflets. Still, it was a nice gesture. We don't have so many people at work ordering stuff nowadays, but collectively we probably still place an order with them every couple of weeks.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

That reminds me, a CPC 2010 Catalogue Preview arrived this week. It came with a "GET £5 OFF" voucher - just quote the reference number in the box below on your next order. The box below is completely blank!

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If they actually have it in stock

my back order record - 9 months

Reply to
geoff

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

And how many of the posted prices are already obsolete ?

Reply to
geoff

Both companies use the same e-commerce software and you're perfectly right, they don't have a reliable process for applying discounts.

However, I always complain - a Yorkshireman living in Scotland has standards to maintain.

Reply to
Ian White

The drums I've found are 4 core plus an overall earth braid (proper close woven braid not these modern balding versions), overall cable diameter is 4.5mm. The other is 6 core plus an overall earth braid

5.6mm OD. Both are black.

You are welcome to a couple of metres of either or both.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Ooo, the 6 core sounds interesting Peter.

I'll pm you now.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m