Is tea chest plywood still available?

I saw someone selling a modern version of a traditional tea chest on Ebay recently.the ply used was 4mm. It's weight was said to be 7kg. I would've been happy to buy several of these if they'd been lighter in weight. Is the thin ply used in traditional tea chests still available? cheers -- Bill Haines

No idea what thickness that was but you can certainly get thinner ply - modellers use it for one
--
Chris French

Don't know but an original unit here was extreemly popular with wood worms. I thought they didn't like plywood but possibly the plies were sufficently thick or the glue sufficiently tasty to please them.
Roger
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:12:41 +0100, "Roger R"

Perhaps it's the garden party Raj effect. The woodworm equivalent to thinly sliced cucumber sandwiches. -- Mycle
Pedestrian Plus

Google is your friend
Plywood listed at 3mm 2.4mm 2mm 1.5mm and some as thin as 0.4mm
Not sure what size traditional tea chests used
Tony

Not a friend I would like: http://technology.guardian.co.uk/online/search/story/0,,1859785,00.html
Roger