Is 10mm microbore suitable for gas cooker

Would 10 mm microbore be ample to feed a 5 ring range cooker or would i need

15mm copper tubing.

have built extension so need to reroute gas suppply by about 15 m so microbore would be easier on my proposed route. would this beableto feed enough gas through

thanks

mick

Reply to
mick

I take it your not a competent person then!

Reply to
Dave Jones

Mick,

Bear in mind that you are legally responsible for the work that you do on the gas side if things if it goes wrong. And if they do, you will be standing before the fella with red robes and white wig who could give you a spell at her majesty's pleasure - presuming of course you survive the 'bang'.

If your post was a light hearted send-up - fair enough. If it WAS a serious question, then please seek some professional advice from a qualified gas fitter.

Oh! And to answer the question - no!

All the best

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

It can support (assuming the pipe came straight from the meter)

0.3 m^3/hr which is 38,600/3600 *0.3 = 3.2kW

If you don't what that means then get some in to do it in 15mm.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
mick

Surely the length of the pipe has to come into the calculation (flow rate for 1 mb end-end pressure drop)?

Reply to
Andy Wade

OP mentioned 15 metres

Reply to
Rob Morley

Which is the length I took and used to look up.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I thought you probably did :-)

Reply to