insulation ?

what's the cheapest insulation I can buy to put in a ceiling cavity between basement and kitchen ? BCO says it's not a requirement but I'd like to put some in there anyway.

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

Wickes, but if fitting from below, I'd use polysterine - B&Q

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Rick wrote on 13/03/2005 :

If you use polysterine (SP?), then make sure it is of the flame retardent variety.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

And make sure the polystyrene :-) doesn't touch any cables.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

All good points. Use celotex or rockwool, and avoid polystyrene if you can.

Polystyrene is not a good choice unles encased in concrete screed :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And the cheepest celotex / kingspan is again B&Q - even cheeper than seconds & co's seconds.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

It is ? Which B&Q is this ?

Reply to
Mike

I've never seen that at B&Q!

Reply to
basil

I've only seen Jablite at B&Q. Where/when did you see Celotex/Kingspan? It would be very useful if they've starting selling it cheaply.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Chester

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I'm quite near there. What brand of insulation is it ?

Reply to
Mike