Installation of 3kw instantaneous handwash water heater...

Well my other post gave you the other option...

Reply to
ARW

No. And unless it is a bathroom you can also forget supplementary bonding.

Reply to
ARW

Personally, I think you should man up, and wash your hands with cold water. I'm surprised none of the Yorkshire contingent have mentioned this. :)

Whilst I'm being objectionable, DW sent me a Dad Joke:-

I googled the phrase ?missing medieval servant?. It came back with ?page not found".

Reply to
GB

In Germany, they have massive instant hot water heaters. For example, this shop stocks heaters up to 27kW, run off a three phase supply.

GB

What's all this nonsense about washing your hands?

Only girls wash their hands.

Reply to
ARW

If I was fussed about washing hands in cold water that might be my second option. Though I do like running water but am happy to wet hands with cold, soap up etc, rinse in what is now hot water.

Wonder if you can get lower temperature bimetal discs for kettles so it trips off at 50 C? I suspect not as most (jug type) seem to rely on a steam path from the top of the kettle to the disc in the base.

Intended use is important. 3 kW is only enough umph to heat 1.5 l per minute by 30 C. ie a from mains temp of 12 C to a "warm" 42 C, "hot" I consider to be nearer 52 C. A 40 C rise pushes the flow down to 1.1 l/min. In practical terms those flow rates will take 15 to 20 seconds to fill a mug, I'm not convinced that is fast enough for a good rinse...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I know an allotment user who in winter takes a vacuum flask with a litre of hot water to defrost his hands after washing under the standpipe tap.

Reply to
Robin

No it's from Andy Pandy.

Reply to
Max Demian

I think it's a bit interesting, as it allows plentiful instant hot water, but without the snag you noted of heat losses from stored hot water.

Reply to
GB

of course

yes you'd need to mount it elsewhere. 40C should be ok.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Surely blokes never wash their hands after a pee ?

Reply to
Andrew