****ing cowboys

Last year, the in laws insisted on helping us out, and having the 40ft single (2x2) slab path alongside the house extended by a slab, to make it easy for the Mrs Wheelchair to whizz by. They asked their gardeners to do it. Said gardeners came round, measured and quoted the in-laws who OKd the job.

Monday morning, lorry delivers big "sugar bag" of sand, and - my heart sank - a bag of cement. I had to go to work, and when I got back guys had just finished. They dug the whole lot by hand.

That was last September. Going along it in the dark, yesterday, I nearly tripped .. their slabs are now uneven to the tune of 1/2" in places.

Of course it's now a delicate situation ... especially as the in-laws "don't use them anymore" ...

So now I've got to find a way to get them relay *properly* with the additional complication that they have ****ed up the slabs with their "5 blobs of compo" ...

Whatever happened to Cormac (sp?)

Reply to
Jethro

Our bloke is laying slabs on roadfill, that is, what is scraped off the roads when they are going to resurface it. The company relaying the road is apparently paid to get rid of it by the local authority, round here there is a bloke who takes it off theirs hands. Local builders then use it as foundation for slabs, rather than gravel or similar.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Bob Minchin