Imperial Inspection Chmaber Lid - Where from?

The cast iron, inspection chamber lid on our driveway has cracked. Its around 50 or 60 years old and we doubt its still under guarentee ;-)

The new ones available in the merchants are all 600mm x 450mm but the one we need is 660mm x 510mm. (26" x 20").

To dig out the old frame, make up the gaps and replace is one option. Steal one from somewhere else is another, neither of which appeal.

There must be loads of these lying around - anyone seen any?

Reply to
The Smiths

Architectural salvage merchants perhaps ? (just a random guess)

If you`re anywhere near Warrington, there`s a place that seems to have alsorts of kit like this on the A57 heading towards Eccles

Reply to
Colin Wilson