If there's one thing that turns my stomach, it's cat poo on the lawn before mowing

Didn't such handles and knobs and push-plates used to made of brass and that has some self-sterilising properties?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

This seems to be a bit emotive considering how small it actually is.Around here its mainly fox mess that stinks. In the case of cats on one of them vet programs a while back they said that its often what the pets are given to eat that causes the poo to be so runny and smelly, but I'd imagine that telling owners not to feed their cts with whatever crap they are feeding them with might initiate a local civil war. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Cool, where do I sign up (and do we get rifles or just Tazers). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

If yuo see a cat do a littel arse shuffel it;s more likely they are putting scent down than taking a shit.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Dogs are pack animals, they will happily stay in your home and stay with you when you walk them. Cats are solitary, their nature is to explore, hide away, hunt and sleep.

You can control a dog simply by keeping it in and they will rarely escape. Cats on the other hand can dive out of a door the moment you open it, leave by the windows (even top opening ones) and if you have children, you'll never have any chance whatsoever of stopping a cat going wherever it wants.

As well as that, cat litter trays stink the house out. A dog can be walked a couple of times a day, a cat cannot be trained to go only when you want it too, so the tray can be horrible.

Reply to
Steve Walker

My wife washes her hands at work, drys them with a paper towel, uses a second towel to turn the tap off and then a third to open the doors on the way back to her desk. Dropping the third towel in the bin at her desk.

I have often wondered why the doors to toilets all open inwards. Simply make them open outwards and we'd all be able to go through them without touching them with our freshly washed hands.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Then you'd have the same concerns about the next door that you encountered :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Elbows and feed, it's why you have kick plates on doors. :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Target post no 100:-)

My mother, who at one time had 17 cats, used to train errant kittens by rubbing their noses in any poo found under the settee.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Just don't f*ck it up by mistakenly walking into Pulse and Cocktails and asking for a 12" black one.

Most places have reptile shops.

Reply to
ARW

Rural Lincs - the only place that makes Norfolk people look normal.

Reply to
ARW

Yup, just how it should be if you own an animal.

Exactly, so not really 'a pet' then?

Well, if they are the 'escaping' kind they will and do.

(as will some (peoples) dogs)

Ditto.

Ok, cat's probably have it there. ;-)

That I understand (but similar for a dog though).

'Tough'? If you (they) don't like the smell, don't have that sort of 'pet'?

As could a cat no?

Nor can a dog (although they generally do take the opportunity when you present it to them).

So I can imagine.

Luckily, we have never had a cat and very few of our friends and family have had them either.

Nor do most of the people whose gardens our daughter tends and ALL of them suffer from and complain about cats fouling in their garden. ;-(

I'm pretty sure something will be done about it (legally) in the future, just as I did with smoking way back then.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, that's when they hold their rear ends slighltly upwards, then shuffle.

MM

Reply to
MM

They'd get nicked.

MM

Reply to
MM

That's a very good point. I have also wondered often why that is.

MM

Reply to
MM

All that kind of supports my thought that these pooping feline visitors are mostly strays from local farms (many of them here!), who don't get fed apart from what they can catch. Who knows what rubbish they force down their gullets? This may be why the cat poo I see is so messy.

MM

Reply to
MM

No, these were brand-new a couple of years ago. I walked across the NHS hospital car park in Spalding to my car, thinking, heck, I'm ~never~ going to get used to these. I could hear things I hadn't heard in years, like the scuffling sound of my shoes on the pavement. But accompanying that were all kinds of unwanted "noise" that the human ear normally filters out. Also, whenever I hear my OWN voice I sound (to me) as if I'm speaking from inside a barrel. Bloody awful things, in my view.

In short, I have ~never~ got used to them. I only wear them if it's absolutely necessary to follow a conversation in a crowd, otherwise they stay in the box.

My BIL's 97-year-old mother in Hamburg, who is rolling in dosh, paid out over 3,000 euros for private hearing aids, and apparently those are brilliant. Yeah, well, yer pays yer money... etc etc. But I can't afford going private.

MM

Reply to
MM

Well, Bob, I ordered one early yesterday! From Amazon. By Pestbye, as you recommended. But only a single one (£14.99). They dispatched it the same day, so I might even receive it today, certainly tomorrow.

Watch this space! (Soon to be free of any trace of the sticky stuff, hopefully!)

MM

Reply to
MM

My mum used to do exactly the same with my sister's kittens. It worked. But I don't know whether they grew into cats than roamed into other people's gardens and left their mess there. At least our settee areas were free of muck. One kitten came to a sticky end when the pet cocker spaniel decide to practise his retriever skills and decapitated it. We never found the body. My sister kinda lost interest in kittens afterwards.

MM

Reply to
MM