How to support extended ceiling joists

I have single story 2 m wide flat-roof extension running down the side of my end terrace. I've put a pitched roof on it and also extended it forwards 30cm (or so) to meet the front face of the house. So I need to extend some of the 5x2 ceiling joists a few inches - they used to rest on a UPVC porch at the front (now just hanging in mid air). Do I:

  1. extend the joists with 5x2/timber connectors into the inner block wall of the new front cavity wall - issues with heat loss regulation, and those boot things for the ends of joists are not really retro fit.
  2. put a 9x2 purlin across the 2 m width of the extension and hang the joists from this - awkward.
  3. extend the joists with 5x2/timber connectors and hang them from the new inner block wall of the new front cavity wall with masonary hangers.

I'd really appreciate some advice. Thank you.

Reply to
nafuk

  1. Nail a length of 5x2 across the end of the joists, tie it to the rafters, fill the gap with whatever comes to hand.
Reply to
Rob Morley