How to fix stainless steel splashback?

How have people fixed splashbacks?

I've had one made to the right size (with 3 edges folded back) and was going to use double sided tape to stick it to an MDF board that's fixed to the wall. Alternatives are to screw it to the wall (through the backboard), to use gripfill or to use an impact adhesive like evo-stick. All suggestions gratefully received.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I used a bead of silicone sealant round the back. Not only is it strong over such an area but it also means (hopefully!) I can remove it without much/any damage should I ever have the need to.

In my case, and one assumes the 'norm', the weight of the splashback is taken by the back of the worktop hence the any wall fixing simply needed to hold it firmly against the wall.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Thanks Mathew. The s/s will be tiled-around on 3 sides and the weight will be taken by the worktop. I was concerned about it not feeling "solid" if it wasn't bonded to the backing over much of its area - isn't this a problem in practice?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I know what you mean however I ran a solid bead around the perimeter (well, an inch in as I didn't want any squeezing out) and then a few angled lines to cover the rest of the back. Hence the splashback was bonded in several points across its surface and, given the 'compressability' of the silicone, it sits flush against the wall thus feeling equally as solid.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton