How not to take a wall down

We have a "little man" in at work today taking down a partition between two offices.

The "wall" consisted of metal studs, with plasterboard for the bottom metre or so, and double glazed units above.

Guess which he took out first.

I'd just said to a cow-orker "I don't think he ought to do that" when there was an almighty crash and a slight enlargement in the number of pieces of glass.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

OT but I too have always wondered about the profession of cow-orking (hope the cow isn't hurt) and what's wrong with the good old word "colleague".

Reply to
rrh

Huge

Ah, think it's a legacy of the Thatcher years. "Colleague" means you are chums and might wish to assist and help each other for the greater good. "Cow-orker" means you are there to bl**dy work and just happen not to be on your own. A retrograde step IMHO but I'm an old fart.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Sigh. There are people who will be voting in the next general election who weren't even born when Thatcher stepped down. She's gone. Get over it.

Reply to
Huge

And what did I hear when I switched over to the BBC ..Andrew Neill talking to him who had his daughter eat a burger to show it wasn't full of Mad Cow Disease ..( should that be mad Cow-Orker) talking about PM's and Margeret Thatcher .

Reply to
Stuart B

Well, he's another pillock living in the past.

Reply to
Huge

I did use the word "legacy" implying an historical perspective, rather than incipient pillockdom, or a failure to "get over it", or a desire to relive the arguements of the 1980's (there are enough to go round now). I would, however, contend that the "legacy" has been continued by the present incumbents and is, therefore quite current for those about to vote. Living in the past is a regrettable trait but not the only cause of pillockdom!

Reply to
Bob Mannix