How long can flux be left in pipes before flushing

I have just completed the first fix plumbing for our digital shower and as recommended by Mira have flushed the inlet pipes before final connection to the mixer. This has left the outlet pipes un-flushed which is going to be a bit tricky until we actually have the shower enclosure installed and all the controls in place.

Is there an issue having pipes with flux residue inside left un-flushed for several days?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I hope not. I've done quite a lot of plumbing over the past 40 years and never flushed the flux

Reply to
nothanks

IMHO no.

The flux will pick away at any oxide, but there should be plenty of copper left.

Juts run the shower a bit before getting under it. Flux isn't great with eyes and skin.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
<Snipped>

I was very lucky last week. I heard dripping and thought nothing of it - we get rain dripping from the bay window roof onto the bin tops. Hours later I decided to look behind the curtain and found water dripping from the top of the bay onto the window ledge, inside the room. It turned out to be a leaky radiator valve gland in the bedroom above.

The lucky bit was that although there was quite a lot of water (it took a couple of towels to mop it all up), it had been falling directly on the CLOSED lid of my work laptop and there was no harm to it!

Reply to
SteveW

no not really... perhaps if it were something super aggressive - but even then I can't see days being a problem.

Reply to
John Rumm

takes years for flux to eat through things

Reply to
Animal