Housing market getting weaker

single line you replied

While you are at it, get a decent news reader.

Reply to
IMM

Huge wrote

If you bought at the top of the market with a 100% mortgage and the value then drops below the amount of your loan, you're in a negative equity situation. Isn't that what I said above, actually? If not then please explain. Why are you being so unfriendly?

You don't seem to understand the housing market at all. Mike the OP says he will have to drop the asking price of his house because he has had no offers at the price he was asking. That is because people don't feel as confident now about borrowing as highly as they have been, because the interest rate looks as though it will continue rising. Hence, the value of his house has dropped. If it continues to drop below the amount he owes on his mortgage then he is in a negative equity situation. This is a direct result of a rise in interest rates.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Actually, it isn't. You said "broken when the interest rates went up". Negative equity has nothing to do with interest rates.

I am not being unfriendly. Merely correct.

"Why are you being so unfriendly?"

Correct.

Not necessarily.

Reply to
Huge

As luck (well, I prefer to call it good judgement) would have it, I paid off my mortgage two years ago, and since I only paid £29.5K for the property (in 1984!), I reckon I shall make a tidy profit. Also, it's true that properties in the area I wish to move to are also bottoming out, and some are being reduced already, so as long as the all-important *differential* stays roughly the same, it won't make a lot of difference.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

No one asked you. Piss off.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

]From: "IMM" ] ]X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahaha.

You omitted the words "You ignorant hypocritical f*ck".

Reply to
Huge

Well you substituted them anyway.

besides Our Man In Mental Hospital probably thinks Outlook IS a decent news reader....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well it must be - it's free and comes with a two year warranty.

At that price you can afford to have two......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

This snot has been at the port again. I know what I would with snots.

Reply to
IMM

Better than the crap you have.

Reply to
IMM

Or 5.

Reply to
IMM

Maybe, but what I have is less prone to viral attack etc. etc. And it does what I want, so who gives a f*ck?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is. If you don't want virus attacks get behind a router.

Reply to
IMM

What on earth are you talking about now?

A typical consumer router will not protect against viruses or trojans

- that requires scanning of the files and objects being handled by the applications.

It may give some level of protection against intrusion attempts and some denial of service attempts.

Have a look on the Cisco web site. They have plenty of material that you can plagiarise.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well get a proper firewall machine and router.

I don't write books on CISCO routers.

Reply to
IMM

Better, although having multiple places where emails and objects are scanned is a good idea.

I'm very relieved.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

So am I. I don't like the company.

Reply to
IMM

I expect that that will make them feel relieved.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

On 17 Jun 2004, Mike Mitchell wrote

-snip-

My sympathy's with you: hope you find a buyer, and quickly. (I think you're right: things are probably going off the boil for a while.)

That said, surely some sort of cooling-off is overdue. At current market values, my house would be priced at about 3 times what I paid in

1995 -- yay! -- but frankly, it's an obscene price for someone to pay to own a home.
Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

Once buyers see that a 'correction' is occuring they will panic and stop buying altogether. That's when the crash will occur.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX