Hot Water - Strange Smell

Hi

My hot water has started to have a strange smell to it - similar to the smell given off when opening a car radiator expansion tank. I'm wondering what may have caused it - I have a hot water cylinder fed from a gas boiler and was wondering if the internal heating element of this has corroded through and the hot water from the CH side was getting into the hot water side - if this is indeed how it works.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Burrows

Nail, hammer, head in most probability.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dead pigeon in loft tank?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Could be, had a dead rat in the loft tank once, it had decomposed enough to get into and block the outlet pipe, just its tail left sticking out. There had been an interesting smell and taste to the water for a while, not of decomposing flesh though. It had probably had some of the normal putrid smell removed by the water?

Well worth a check in the loft.

Reply to
Bill

In message , Bill writes

you've knowingly tasted decomposing flesh????

mmmmmm :)

Reply to
Si

Never been to McDonalds?