Hot water cylinder stat and "slack" between cut-in & cut-out.

Do thermostats attached to the outside of a hot water cylinder come in different specifications?

If I set my hot water cylinder stat to a certain temperature then the actual temp the stat cuts off at (when the temperature is rising) is something like 10 degrees celsius DIFFERENT to the actual temp it cuts in at (when the water in the cylinder is losing heat).

Are some stats sold with a smaller range (or "slack") between cut-in and cut-out?

Reply to
Alex Coleman