Hot Water cutoff tap missing

I can't for the life of me find the hot water cutoff tap in my hot water system.

The CH/HW system is a Potterton Profile boiler, leading to a hot water cylinder with two outlets (I think!) that exit the boiler and disappear under the floor - one looks like it's heading for the Central Heating, the other looks like it's heading for the hot water taps.

I'm trying to stop the hot water supply briefly to undo the taps and replace the kitchen sink, but although the cold water cutoff is directly under the sink I can't find the equivalent HW one.

Can anybody shed some light on the usual hiding places for these things? Am I barking up the wrong tree wrt the cylinder outlets?

Many thanks,

Shano

Reply to
Shano

Often the hot water supply is isolated by turning off the cold feed to the cylinder, this pipe enters at the bottom of the cylinder. Mine is located about 12" above the top of the cylinder - but sometimes you may need to go back to the outlet of the tank in the loft!

Peter

Reply to
Peter