Holesaw dust collector - awesome

Adam and TMH might like these if you haven't noticed them before:

noticed last week and grabbed one - having some 20 holes to drill in the ceiling[1]

Bloody hell - they are awesome. 74mm hole cut through double layer PB and zero (yes zero) dust escaped. Totally worth the 20 quid.

I suspect they would help with larger drills too - I am about to find that out...

Not affiliated with SF...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Great idea but about £19 overpriced IMHO.

Reply to
brass monkey

Looks like you could make one from the 'hat' of a fifty CD cake pack.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I thought of similar ideas (but not a CD "hat").

One flaw - this thing is made of silicone rubber and relies on being able to squash up so as to maintain a seal to the ceiling from star to end (so about

1" movement).
Reply to
Tim Watts

leave it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Worth every penny to me compared to the amount of clearing/sheeting or cleaning I'd have to do (TVs, kitched stuff, beds etc underneath all the holes).

But - yes, they probably cost a quid to actually make :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

HeHe -

But I know *you* are the least likely to do that - especially if your customer is of pleasing presentation ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

So the hat with the top chopped free and then refitted with a couple of condoms ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Well at least the ceiling won't get pregnant ;->

Seriously - I have just drilled loads of holes and now I have no hovvering to do. That's worth 20 quid in my book :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes, I see how it works and I'm totally convinced, having bought one that fits over a box sinker - but that one cost me £8 and I can't see how £21 is justified.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I think I first saw these on Dragon's Den, but I'm not at all sure it was those folks who eventually got their product to market.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It seems to be this one

= Dust and Debris Eliminator, which sounds tacky enough, but no "As seen on TV" boasts ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That is the screwfix one for sure.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Well, that's what housewives are for.

I always clean up after me, but many times the woman of the house has insisted on me leaving the mess to her. I think some women just don't trust any bloke to clean up after him the way she'd want it done. Otoh, many housewife customers have expressed appreciation at me cleaning up properly, as if it's something they've been unused to from other trades.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

From an NI supplier on ebay a couple of years ago, iirc.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I can find better uses for them.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hoovering tends to lead to bending over - she can do both :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

No - you're totally welcome. It's great to get a manufacturer/designer on here for an on-topic discussion (as opposed to SPAM!).

Probably explains why it works! ;->

I can appreciate that - for small volumes. Personally it was worth £20 *to me* just in aggravation saving for a single house's worth of ceiling drilling. If you are aiming at trade, I would imagine it will do a lot of work before it's worn out. Washes nicely with warm soapy water too (so I can see where the drill point is going).

I hope you could promote it to more resellers, eg TLC who do not have anything like this.

I certainly agree on the double PB - worked very well for me.

Good luck!

Reply to
Tim Watts

OK, you have impressed me. I can have a word with the manager of my electricical wholesalers if you email me. They are not a national chain. You might have already approached them, lets see.

Cheers for the feed back.

Reply to
ARWadsworth