Heat resistant cable suitable for immersion heater supply

Can anyone suggest a source of single core heat resistant cable with ~ 16A rating? I have only been able to find this

used to stock various it, but it is now show as discontinued. I know I could put silicone or PTFE or glass braid sleeve on normal PVC insulated wire, but this doesn't really seem to be the right strategy.

Reply to
Newshound

Have you looked in cable, equipment wire, high temperature?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Heat resistant (usually butyl or silicone rubber) cable for immersion heaters is available from all good electrical factors and quite probably even from bigger Bee & Queues.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You mean like this?

Newshound

Screwfix does 3 core flex in 1 metre lengths, and TLC does it in 50 or 100 metres. For reasons I won't bore you with I am looking for single core to run in a flexible conduit into an industrial 3 phase immersion heater element.

thanks

Steve

Reply to
Newshound

Try

Ed Sirett

I dunno - that link doesn't seem to work.

But they and others do cable suitable for your application - although you'd likely have to sleeve it at either end for identification purposes.

A quick glance at the website would suggest 483-5973

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 16:21:10 -0000, "Newshound" mused:

OOI, why single core cable?

Reply to
Lurch

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:48:58 -0000, "Newshound" mused:

Forget my other question then, this part of the thread has appeared as a new thread for me for some reason.

Reply to
Lurch

deg C and in 25m reels, however that is only 10A. There is a 24A version (CBBR1385) but only in 5m lengths.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thank you Dave, well spotted. I guess I had a mind set that I needed power cable, not instrumentation cable.

Reply to
Newshound

A mate of mine is replacing four domestic immersions in a light industrial application with a couple of Redring industrial 3 phase jobs, but still run off an existing single phase controller. To make a neater job I would prefer to run the supplies in a flexible conduit rather than putting two or three standard "flexes" through the 25 mm gland. Anyway thanks all for the links, I now have several options. I was confused by RS apparently classing 25A as "instrumentation" rather than "power" cable.

Reply to
Newshound

Never used CPC before, I keep forgetting about them!

Reply to
Newshound

Like RS, only the catalogue is less well organised and they charge half the price! ;-)

(make sure you get a paper catalogue - without it there are some things you will never find on the web)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks, a good tip, I will do that.

Reply to