Hearing aid...needed

No, today most will supply digital as standard. Certainly at the sorts of amplification levels needed, analogue would be almost impossible to achieve without feedback.

Our complaints are purely in the time to get one and the fact that it is no choice when you do.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It may vary by region or nature of the problem, but that's certainly not my experience. My father was given digital aids quite quickly without asking specifically for digital. I can, however, echo the experience that the training and instruction leaflets for digital aids leave a lot to be desired when intended for an 86 yr old with various other ailments who can just about manage a TV remote.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Would it be possible to use an in-ear speaker inductively coupled to a body-worn microphone/transmitter?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

With digital ones, is there a propagation delay through the aid à la DAB radio? My mum's losing her hearing a bit...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I was given an NHS aid very quickly, try them and see how you get on.

Don't get taken in by the advertising for commercial hearing aids.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

I've got two, one for each ear, so there!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

The NHS is free, and the batteries are free as well.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Reply to
Alan Holmes

They told me that they were going to give me digital aids.

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Why waste £1000 when you can get them free from the NHS?

Reply to
Alan Holmes

If you are that desperate and have lots of money to throw away, then go and buy them, there will still be a wait for making the insert and fiting the things.

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Not that I'm aware, Im sure I hear everything as it is spoken, at least the lipreading will confirm.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Triple leaking but saline, morphine and oxygen going in to make it up.

Very healthy looking despite all the silicone tubing to tangle. Becoming argumentative and boring so must be almost back to normal ...

My hearing assessment went well, after the test I had a fitting for each ear and should get the digital devices within four weeks.

Thanks,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

One of my friends had something like that, a huge box on her chest. she used to insist that folk "Speak to the bosom!".

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

You making sure you don't get them fitted till he recovers?

Reply to
Guy King

Yes. Thats why they work better. I assume they use DSP's rather than analogue shaping of the spectrum, and probably use delays to control feedback,..anyway there is always some delay through a digital filter..thats how they work...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Patent that quick mate.

Its probably the best solution ever.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

6 months of being unable to do business effectively is worth a lot more than £600.

Thats the delay here it seems. Cambridge.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

6 months delay, and zero choice as to type.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

2 weeks appx.

Better than 6 months.