hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Indeed. And there are other aspects to this virtue-signaling racket that are even more absurd. Like the ever-growing mountains of old EV batteries awaiting disposal/recycling that no one seems to know how to deal with. Probably coming to a landfil site near you at some stage! --

"In this sense, the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: abolition of private property."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Please direct me to those mountains of old EV batteries. I'd like to use some, and will happily take them away for free. Those with degraded capacity would be fine.

Or, in the real world, if there was such a surplus the going rate for battery packs wouldn't be £5-10K per pack:

?_nkw=nissan+leaf+battery+pack If they were truly abundant supply and demand would suggest they'd be worthless.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Remember it's Doom. He never gets out, as it were. Lives in his own tiny bubble. Where reality doesn't matter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

You mark my words, Dave. The first generation of EVs are only just beginning to reach EoL about nowish. The 'toxic battery mountain' [tm] will become more and more apparent as time goes on.... --

"In this sense, the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: abolition of private property."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well 100 years of 'recycling' IC vehicles has liberated an awful lot of brake fluid, old engine oil, paint and asbestos into the environment already not to mention all the plastic.

Reply to
Andrew

asbestos brake shoes were better

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

So, what does the lithium turn into that makes it hard to reclaim? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

But not if you were a mechanic regularly blowing out the dust with a compressed air line.

Reply to
Andrew

I always thought that Tesla turned them into their own Tesla branded home storage systems for off-grid people.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

It's not the lithium itself that's the problem here, Brain.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I don't know of *any* retired mechanics who, back in the day, blew out brake dust with airlines, who have breathing problems, let alone so-called asbestosis. --

"Abolition of the family! Even the most radical flare up at this infamous proposal of the Communists."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Odd that, we had one in the village who died of lung cancer a few of years ago at about the age of 65. Never smoked in his life but started as a apprentice mechanic when he was about 15.

many examples of women dying of asbestosis because they shook out, washed and ironed their husbands work overalls who were involved in industries where asbestos was used in some form or another.

Plenty of stats available from ONS if you know how to find them.

In the tax haven where you hide, I expect all the dirty work and early resulting deaths is done by people who you never rub shoulders with.

Reply to
Andrew

indeed

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Paul Newman allegedly died of it from too much car racing

But the fact is that people who were affected by asbestosis lived in an atmosphere full of it for years - either in mines or in processing works or in factories.

Its a numbers game - the odd exposure wont really hurt you, consistent exposure will

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

nah it was when he was in the Navy he got it....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...