Ground source heat pumps

I rest my case.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Explain why I need anti-freeze. When you do so, tell me what the average winter temperature is near the fence in question and tell me how many days in a year that the area is subject to freezing temperatures.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I rest my case.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Explain what the winter temperature is at the location of the fence.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I rest my case.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You're an idiot who cannot face up to his own stupidity.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I take it the fence is in the South of France perhaps?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Any abstraction of natural surface or groundwater of more than 20,000 litres a day requires an abstraction licence, regardless of the ultimate use or disposal of the water. Whether a licence is granted or not will depend on the overall state of the river, lake or aquifer. Licenses will often have conditions , one of which might be that the 'used' water is returned to the source from which it is abstracted.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie

Not _quite_ true. Specifically, no license is currently required for abstracting for some types of irrigation and agricultural uses.

Piers Finlayson

Ooh no, about 500 miles further south in Italy.

Reply to
Steve Firth

...he he...

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You're a cruel, cruel man, tormenting Drivel so.

(I already knew where it was, and Steve knew I knew... Tee hee.)

Reply to
Huge

I rest my case.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It will still freeze.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

When?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I suppose that if the heat pump was over vigorous, then it would cool the working fluid below freezing point

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson