Good work shirt

Got one of these a few years back when I was up scaffolding in the winter. Just about the warmest and most comfortable thing I'd ever worn. Finally binned it the other day as it was standing up on its own with all the paint, cement etc, but went straight out and bought another.

stuart noble

oh WHY? Last few times I've wandered into the clothes dept I've wandered out again sharpish 'cos the majority of them appear to be lumberjack shirts.

Reply to
Andy Burns

>>> WHY oh WHY? Last few times I've wandered into the clothes dept I've

So what is the problem? You don't have to cut down trees just because you might be wearing one of these shirts!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Maybe he's afraid he'll start having buttered scones for tea. And you know what that leads to!

Reply to
Halmyre

what that leads to!

I must have been forced to wear them once or twice too many as a youngster, I avoid all bold coarse check patterns now!

Reply to
Andy Burns
[Padded shirt]

Watch out for differences though. I've some LL Bean double-layer shirts that are wonderful (and at that price they ought to be), a couple that I've made myself (shoulder & armpit fit matters even more on thick shirts). OTOH, the cheap Chinese ones are like wearing a wardrobe and their padding can be astonishingly flammable.

My winter wear begins with a mil-surplus Norgee shirt underneath. I wear these all winter, haven't found anything that comes close to them as a base layer. I have got a couple with modified cuffs though, as the standard fastening is a bit clumsy.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

So just don't wear it in Hebden Bridge.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Boil wash with a few red socks. (Why do people buy red socks?)

I've a couple of lurid black and white check shirts (Mother!), which easily dyed down to a far more acceptable dark and darker grey check.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Must be a bit rank by the time spring comes round!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I've reached an age where I'll wear anything that's warm and comfortable. Goes with the skirt too

Reply to
stuart noble

In message , stuart noble writes

Reply to