Good tiling website...

Found quite a good tiling website the other day...

plenty of step by step pictures, and gleaned a good tip from it for using duct tape when tiling downwards.

You will have to translate from American to English though.

Just thought I'd share it with the group.

Cheers

ETV

Reply to
Eric The Viking

Interesting to see how the yanks do it.

See also

uk.d-i-y FAQ is at
Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

grout is much coarser, their cementitious adhesives are much leaner in moisture retainers and adhesion promiters, hence the use of "latex" This is not a true latex, as the UK definition would have it. Latices are defined as being of plant origin, and polymer emulsions are synthetic. The adhesive they describe as mastic is rather like an acrylic adhesive for soft floorings. The examples I tested came Nowhere the requirements of BS 5980. The duct tape was used because the adhesive was not a non-slip type, i.e. once a tile is placed, gravity will not make it slide down the wall.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt