glue to fix broken fan bracket

I have a TD-350 inline fan with a broken fixing bracket / reducer. It is hard plastic that is under some slight bending force when fixed. Superglue was previously tried but the contact area is poor and the joint easily failed when stressed. Is there any adhesive that can fix it ? I don't know if solvent weld would work - I went to my shed but my old bottle has dried up !
Image links follow:
http://www.imageupload.co.uk/5BpI
http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2014/11/04/bracket.jpg
Simon.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

If the plastic is thermo-softening (as opposed to thermo-setting), you may be able to bond it by momentarily melting the two surfaces with a flame and then quickly pushing them together.
--
Andrew Gabriel
[email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The only sort of glue I've used for this sort of thing is Araldite and often with some mechanical addition from some other material on the joint if there is room for it. Bloody plastic engineering again. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"sm_jamieson" <sm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 23:26:05 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

My term for it is Plasticrap. Even a £27k Renault Grande Espace was made from the stuff inside and a lot of the ouutside.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 15:13:26 +0000, Phil L wrote:

**Sorry I'm late with this reply. I sent it before, but it was a victim of Demon's cessation of news. Don't buy Vodaphone.**
My Keter plastic shed's RH door blew off in a gale 2 years ago, breaking off the small spigot that formed the hinge. I roughed the whole area up as much as I could and mixed a good dollop of decent (SP Systems or West) epoxy with milled wood fibre as the filler.
It looks pretty ugly, but it has worked well in spite of the bending forces that are involved. Things like closing the door on stuff falling behind it and so on.
I should have painted it. It is starting to turn brown the way epoxy does in sunlight.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.