Getting Inhibiter into a sealed heating system

Hi,

This may seem a trivial matter to some but i have never done it!

My central heating is a sealed fully pumped system. I would like to flush it and add new inhibiter.

The flushing part i think i can handle. i.e. Connect a hose from the tap (check valvle) to the flow and a hose from the return to a drain.

How can i add the descaler? When it is fully flushed the system will be full of water...So how do i add the inhibiter? Probably the same way i add the descaler ;-)

Regards,

Rich

Reply to
Rich

You can add it through one of the radiator bleed valves, or directly into the boiler pipework through a bleed valve at the top.

Reply to
BigWallop

I've used the exact same method.

The manufacturer's instructions generally involve injecting against the pressure of the system - i.e. close valves, remove vent screw, fit cartridge, open a valve and inject. The problem is that the nozzles do not seem to make a perfect seal so water tends to squirt out. Dropping the pressure and injecting into a wholly or partly empty radiator works much better.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall