Gas boiler keeps constantly relighting

Hi, I have a Saunier Duval Xeon 50ff boiler, about 5 years old, never been properly serviced but I clean it out myself. It has just started taking a few seconds to light, having to spark a number of times. However, weird thing is that it keeps redoing the ignition sequence about every 30 seconds, it remains lit and works, but you get the irritating noise of it constantly relighting. Now, the spark electrode is worn down so that the gap between it and the burner is at least double what it's supposed to be i.e. 7-8mm instead of 2-4mm. Don't know whether it requires a simple replacement of the electrode? What do you think might be the problem? Thanks.

Reply to
russell_nash

It is possible that the spark electrode is also the flame sense electrode, so get that put right first. You have some sort of flame sensor failure which is more likely to be its lead or electrode than anything else.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks a lot Ed, I will follow your advice and try to get a new electrode, which will be easy to fit and bit cheaper than a circuit board. :-)

Ed Sirett wrote:

russell_nash

Ok, I replaced the electrode, everything seems fine now. Thanks.

russell_nash wrote:

russell_nash