Garden bed traditional edging bricks

Apologies if this is off-topic.

I'm wondering if anyone now makes traditional cottage edging bricks. The ones I'm thinking of are thin bricks (or tiles) with a bulbous circular top divided every couple of inches. They are presumably made of the same clay as bricks, and are of a brick-red colour.

One sees them in old cottages, but I've asked in England and Ireland at places that sell bricks and tiles, and have been unable to locate them.

If anyone knows where they can be found I would be very grateful for the information.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Trying to picture exactly what you mean... and not getting anywhere very fast! Could you perhaps take a picture of an example, shove it on a website, and provide the group with a link to it?

Reply to
Paul King

Try Bulmer Brick, Bulmer, Essex 01787 269232 They make lots of different specials - all hand made so not cheap, but very attractive.

Anna

-- ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plasterwork, plaster conservation / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling and pargeting |____|

07976 649862

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Have you tried all the architectural reclamation yards?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

What I think you are after is called Path Edging. It comes in a variety of patternes, sizes etc. Try googling for "Path Edging", "Rope Top". A lot of builders merchants will stock them also garden centres

Reply to
Mike Taylor

Yes, all still avaialable,new, like ghastly victiorain rope edging etc etc.

Try bradstone or marshalls paving web sites.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

============== I believe they're called 'rope-top' ( as suggested by another poster) and I believe that they're in stock at Wickes.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Thanks for all the responses. That is indeed what I was looking for -- beautiful Victorian rope-top path edging.

Betjeman, thou shouldst be living at this hour ...

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

I think they are the ugliest crap the victorians ever made. On a par with gaiters for piano legs personally. In fact I find most victoriana extremely ugly. Apart from Art nouveau and William Moris etdc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher