Freezer excessively on

Have you checked the obvious such as door seals?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I put a fan heater a couple of feet away and let that thaw things out.

They main cooling pipes normally for the shelves with lots of wires running between them. The wires are welded on it's plausable that pulling the ice off cracked a weld...

Probably. As you said earlier it doesn't owe you anything at 20 years old.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Or if there are no ditches round your way, just cut a slot in the front, paint it red, and leave it on a street corner.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

We had a chest freezer bought in the days of purchase tax. It started to fall apart like an old Ford, so we got two new uprights. Moving the old one was a problem. It was in a shed and the concrete under it had cracked. The whole area under the freezer was a block of ice. I couldn't lift the freezer. I was in a hurry cos I'd got the new ones stood in the yard, so I got some help and we stood the old one on end. It brought a lot of concrete, rubble, and ice up with it, leaving a great hole in the floor.

Wonder what that had cost in leccy over the years?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That is a bitch, not a ditch.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I have seen 5 year Hotpoint Iced Diamond fridge freezers frozen to the kitchen floor. Chronic insulation failure and they were not cheap.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It could be insulation failure. Check around the outside case, if it shows much colder than room temperature, the insulation might be water logged and frozen.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield