foundations - moving concrete etc

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

The driver and a neighbour shifted one cube of concrete in under half an hour for my conservatory slab. They both got a reasonable tip for that!

Reply to
Guy King

Can you lend me your neighbour

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

How about some of these

saw one at work recently, and it was fascinating to watch as all the sections of boom were slowly unwound.

Back to the job in hand, there seem to be some combination mixer/pumps

Chris J Dixon

The message from "Andrew Mawson" contains these words:

I'd actually arranged for two neighbours - but I rang one of them just as the truck arrived and he said "I'm ten miles away - I'll be back in an hour or so, will that do?" The one who was there is a nice lad - unemployed 'cos no one will give him a reference and...well, you can guess the rest. Shame is, anyone taking him on will get a hard working bloke who picks up what he's supposed to do very readily and keeps doing what he's told, with sufficient initiative to keep him out of trouble.

Reply to
Guy King

look in yellow pages for a waggon with a long convayor or a pump.

you can also get trucks bigger than the std 6 cube. the 6 cube truck is based on a 3 axle lorry, bigger ones are based on a 4 axle lorry.

in the 2nd truck, you will pay say 30 quid a cube for 4 cubes of air. If you have a use for the extra concrete, its a good time to do both jobs.

You may be able to fill your foundations less, and build upto ground level with blocks, so then you simply use 6 cubes of concrete, this is a more complex option.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

You also pay "waiting time" if you are slow to empty the truck.

Rick

Reply to
Rick