Flush fixing.

The boot floor - or rather spare wheel well covers - on my old Rover are made of plywood. The front has a steel lip which rests on the top of the well with a hasp under it which fits in a rubber thingie, so it can move neither up or down. The rear sits on a cross section running across the rear of the car and is secured with a turnbuckle. The whole lot covered with a carpet. Some time back after a accident, the rear panel was replaced, and it didn't have the turnbuckle fixing. But where it should be, a plain thread.

So what would be the best fixing to hold the floor securely - one which can be easily undone by hand. As the tools live beneath this floor...

Needs to be flush too so as not to show through the carpet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Velcro straps?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

That could work - although the ledge at the rear is covered in carpet so I'd say they'd need to be stitched on. And then the carpet would need strong glue to the body. I'd rather have a screw etc fixing though. Velcro has a habit of tearing off what it's attached to. ;-)

What I was thinking about was letting in a cup of some sort with a thumb wheel fixing - but don't know where I'd get such a thing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)